Cracked teeth can be dangerous and painful. Without treatment, nerve root damage can occur. Other times, an infection can occur and lead to extensive health risks. It is best to immediately reach out to a dentist if you have any dental pain or discomfort, especially if you have a chipped tooth. At Supreme Dentistry, we can support you to fix the problem properly.
When To Get Help For Cracked Teeth
If you have a chipped or cracked tooth, your first reaction may be to touch the surface. Avoid doing so. Instead, rinse your mouth with warm water to clean the area. If the area is bleeding, apply pressure to it until it stops. If there is a significant amount of bleeding that does not stop, it is critical to visit a local emergency room. If you have the tooth, wrap it in wet gauze to protect it. Bring it with you when you visit your dentist. Our primary goal is to have as many options available to fix the cracked teeth. Some cracks may not require treatment. That includes those that are very small and only impact the enamel of the tooth. These are some of the most common cracks. Other cracks should be seen by a dentist as soon as possible. We recommend calling our team for emergency dental services. That includes situations in which:
- Cracked tooth falls out (or most of it falls out)
- Cracks involving pain
- A very sharp crack (as it could cause damage to the soft tissues in your mouth)
- Cracks impacting more than one tooth
- Traumatic tooth injury, such as from impact to the mouth
How Are Cracked Teeth Fixed?
The type of treatment your dentist uses depends on the severity of the crack and its location in the mouth. Some of the options available include:
- Dental bonding is an option when the tooth is chipped. Bonding applies a resin to the surface to shape the tooth. It can fill in where the missing piece is. Bonding helps hold the broken piece of the tooth in place if you still have it.
- Polishing is another simpler service. If a small amount of the tooth is chipped, your dentist may polish the surface and edge. That may minimize the presence of sharp edges.
- Dental Fillings: There are some situations where the dentist may need to perform a root canal and filling treatment. This may be beneficial if there is extensive damage to the tooth, but it can still be saved. Fillings and root canals are beneficial when the damage extends into the pulp of the tooth.
- Surgical Procedures: In situations where the cracked tooth is a molar, the dentist may need to perform oral surgery to address a fractured root. This may involve the removal of one of the two roots these teeth have.
- Dental Extraction: As a last-case solution, the dentist may decide to extract the tooth if it cannot be saved.
How To Get Help For A Cracked Tooth
If you have a damaged tooth, give our team a call immediately for help. We can also address the other needs you may have, such as:
Your oral health is important – don’t avoid treatment or put off these types of repairs.
Don’t Put Off Dental Care – Call Supreme Dentistry Today
If you have a cracked tooth, make the call to see our team today. We offer a range of cracked teeth treatment options that may improve your pain and smile. To learn more about the services we offer, call Supreme Dentistry at 844.966.2333 or connect with us online. We offer emergency dental services to help you.
Originally posted: https://www.supremedentistryhouston.com/